The Employment Relations Board shall:
(1) Establish procedures for, investigate and resolve any disputes concerning the designation of an appropriate bargaining unit.
(2) Establish procedures for, resolve disputes with respect to, and supervise the conduct of elections for the determination of employee representation.
(3) Conduct proceedings on complaints of unfair labor practices by employers, employees and labor organizations and take such actions with respect thereto as it deems necessary and proper.
(4) Petition the appropriate circuit court for enforcement of any order issued by the board pursuant to ORS 243.650 to 243.782.
(5) Hold such hearings and make such inquiries as it deems necessary to carry out properly its functions and powers, and for the purpose of such hearings and inquiries, administer oaths and affirmations, examine witnesses and documents and issue subpoenas.
(6) Conduct studies on problems relating to public employment relations and make recommendations with respect thereto to the legislative bodies; request information and data from state and county departments and agencies and labor organizations necessary to carry out its functions and responsibilities; make available to public employers, labor organizations, mediators, members of fact-finding boards, arbitrators and other concerned parties statistical data relating to wages, benefits, and employment practices in public and private employment to assist them in resolving issues in negotiation.
(7) Adopt rules relative to the exercise of its powers and authority and to govern the proceedings before it in accordance with ORS chapter 183. [1973 c.536 §24]Section: Previous 243.746 243.750 243.751 243.752 243.756 243.760 243.762 243.766 243.770 243.772 243.775 243.776 243.778 243.780 243.782 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008