(1) The state central committee shall consist of at least two delegates from each county central committee and other delegates from each county equal to the number of party members in the county registered on the date of the primary election divided by 15,000. If the remaining number exceeds 7,500, one additional delegate shall represent the county. The delegates and an equal number of alternate delegates shall be selected by the county central committee. When a delegate of a county central committee is unable to attend a meeting of the state central committee, an alternate delegate of the county central committee may attend the meeting.
(2) The organizational meeting of a newly elected state central committee shall be held on a date to be determined by party rule. The retiring state central committee shall mail notice of the meeting, not later than the sixth day before the meeting, to each member of the newly elected state central committee. If permitted by the bylaws of the state central committee, the state central committee may notify members by means other than by mail.
(3) The chairperson of the retiring state central committee shall mail a notice of the meeting to the county central committees not later than the 45th day before the meeting. The state central committee may not reorganize without the mailing of this notification.
(4) If a county central committee fails to organize before the organizational meeting of the state central committee, the appointed temporary chairperson of the county central committee may act as the sole delegate from that committee to the state central committee.
(5) If the retiring state central committee does not mail notice of the organizational meeting under subsection (2) of this section, the meeting may be called by a petition signed by at least 19 chairpersons of the county central committees. The petition shall state the time, date and place of the organizational meeting. A copy of the petition shall be mailed to each newly elected chairperson and vice chairperson of the county central committees not later than the sixth day before the meeting. A copy of the petition shall be filed with the Secretary of State. [1965 c.407 §13; 1975 c.779 §10; 1979 c.190 §85; 1981 c.862 §3; 1987 c.267 §14; 1995 c.712 §23; 2005 c.506 §2]Section: Previous 248.053 248.055 248.057 248.060 248.070 248.071 248.072 248.075 248.080 248.085 248.090 248.095 248.100 248.110 248.120 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008