As used in this chapter:
(1) “County clerk” means the county clerk or the county official in charge of elections.
(2) “District board” means the governing body of a district.
(3) “District election” means any election authorized or required to be held by a district.
(4) “District elections authority” means the county court or board of county commissioners, district board or other body or officer authorized or required to call a district election.
(5) “Elections officer” means the:
(a) County clerk of the county in which the administrative office of the district is located regarding a measure, or a candidate for an office, to be voted on in a district located in more than one county.
(b) County clerk regarding a measure, or a candidate for an office, to be voted on in a district situated wholly within the county.
(6) “Elector” means an individual qualified to vote under section 2, Article II, Oregon Constitution.
(7) “Measure” includes any of the following submitted to the people for their approval or rejection at an election:
(a) A proposed law.
(b) An Act or part of an Act of the Legislative Assembly.
(c) A revision of or amendment to the Oregon Constitution.
(d) Local, special or municipal legislation.
(e) A proposition or question.
(8) “Regular district election” means the election held each year for the purpose of electing members of any district board as defined in subsection (2) of this section.
(9) “School district” means a common school district, a union high school district, an education service district or a community college district. [Formerly 259.010; 1983 c.392 §6; 1985 c.808 §39; 1987 c.707 §20]Section: Previous 255.001 255.005 255.010 255.011 255.012 255.013 255.015 255.018 255.020 255.022 255.025 255.027 255.028 255.029 255.030 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008