A commission shall have all powers necessary to accomplish the purpose of providing sports and convention facilities for the people of Oregon including, without limitation, the power:
(1) To sue and be sued in its own name.
(2) To acquire by purchase, construction, exchange, gift, lease, lease-purchase, or otherwise, and to improve, extend, maintain, manage, operate, equip and furnish sports and convention facilities located within the corporate limits of the county in which the commission is created.
(3) To lease such sports and convention facilities to any private corporations which are operating or propose to operate a sports and convention facility upon such terms and conditions as the board of directors deems appropriate, to charge and collect rents and to terminate any such lease upon default of the lessee.
(4) To enter into options and agreements for the renewal or extension of such leases of such sports and convention facilities or for the conveyance of such sports and convention facilities.
(5) To lease, license or enter into agreements relating to the use of such sports and convention facilities and may fix, alter, charge and collect rentals, fees and charges for the use, occupancy and availability of all or a part of such sports and convention facilities.
(6) To sell, exchange, donate and convey any or all of its sports and convention facilities or other assets.
(7) To mortgage and pledge its assets, or any portion thereof, whether then owned or thereafter acquired, to pledge the revenues and receipts from such assets, to acquire, hold and dispose of mortgages and other similar documents relating to sports and convention facilities, and to arrange and provide for guaranty and other security agreements therefor.
(8) To enter into contracts, leases and other undertakings in its own name.
(9) To adopt and amend resolutions. [1985 c.654 §4]Section: Previous 263.090 263.100 263.110 263.120 263.130 263.210 263.220 263.230 263.240 263.250 263.260 263.270 263.280 263.290 263.300 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008