(1) The principal of and the interest on the bonds shall be payable in lawful money of the United States of America at the office of the treasurer of the county or at the fiscal agency of the State of Oregon in the city of New York, at the option of the purchaser thereof.
(2) The county treasurer must cause to be paid out of any money in the hands of the county treasurer belonging to the district the interest on or principal of any bond issued pursuant to ORS 266.480 promptly when and as the same becomes due at the place of payment designated in the coupons or bonds.
(3) All coupons or bonds so paid must be immediately reported to the district board.
(4) No county treasurer or district board shall pay to the purchaser of any bond issued pursuant to ORS 266.480 or to any agency representing such purchaser, any commission whatsoever for collection of the interest on or principal of any bond so issued.
(5) The county treasurer shall not be required to remit to the purchaser of any bonds or coupons the amount necessary to redeem such bonds or coupons until the day they are due. [Amended by 1969 c.668 §31]Section: Previous 266.518 266.520 266.530 266.540 266.550 266.560 266.570 266.580 266.590 266.610 266.620 266.630 266.640 266.650 266.660 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008