As used in ORS 274.705 to 274.860, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Filled lands” includes submerged and submersible lands reclaimed artificially through raising such lands above the highest probable elevation of the tides to form dry land, by placement of a fill or deposit of earth, rock, sand or other solid imperishable material.
(2) “Gas” means all natural gas and all other fluid hydrocarbons not defined as oil in subsection (4) of this section, including condensate originally in the gaseous phase in the reservoir.
(3) “Lease” means an oil, gas and sulfur lease issued pursuant to ORS 274.705 to 274.860.
(4) “Oil” means crude petroleum oil and all other hydrocarbons, regardless of gravity, which are produced in liquid form by ordinary production methods, but does not include liquid hydrocarbons that were originally in a gaseous phase in the reservoir.
(5) “Person,” in addition to the meanings defined by ORS 174.100, includes quasi-public corporations, political subdivisions and governmental agencies and instrumentalities.
(6) “Structure” means any construction works, including but not limited to derricks, pipelines, lines for the transmission and distribution of electricity, telephone lines, wharves, piers, slips, warehouses and units designed to act as groins, jetties, seawalls, breakwaters or bulkheads.
(7) “Tidal submerged lands” means lands lying below the line of mean low tide in the beds of all tidal waters within the boundaries of this state as heretofore or hereafter established. [1961 c.619 §1; 1967 c.421 §158]Section: Previous 274.620 274.625 274.630 274.635 274.640 274.645 274.650 274.705 274.710 274.715 274.720 274.725 274.735 274.740 274.745 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008