(1) The Legislative Assembly, through the Legislative Administration Committee, shall exercise control over the use of the State Capitol.
(2) The committee has exclusive power to assign and reassign quarters in the State Capitol for such periods and under such terms, including rental rates, as the committee considers appropriate.
(3) All rentals for quarters and for parking shall be credited to the State Capitol Operating Account.
(4) The committee has exclusive power to assign and reassign parking spaces in the garage of the State Capitol, in the area immediately north of the State Capitol but south of and separated from Court Street by a traffic island, painted markings or other traffic control devices and in the area immediately south of the State Capitol but north of and separated from State Street by a traffic island, painted markings or other traffic control devices. The committee has exclusive power to prescribe parking regulations in the garage and the other areas described in this subsection and may prescribe fines or other penalties for violating those regulations. The committee shall give notice of any parking prohibitions or restrictions by posting appropriate signs in plain view. The Department of State Police shall enforce the regulations described in this subsection. All citations issued for violating the parking regulations described in this subsection shall conform to the requirements of ORS 810.425. Notwithstanding other provisions of this subsection, the Oregon Department of Administrative Services is responsible for collecting parking fees under ORS 292.065.
(5) The committee may enter into contracts or agreements the committee considers necessary to:
(a) Renovate and repair the State Capitol;
(b) Renovate, repair or replace State Capitol fixtures and facilities;
(c) Make artistic or aesthetic improvements to the State Capitol and adjacent areas;
(d) Conduct or sponsor special events; and
(e) Conduct or sponsor projects intended to preserve or promote the historical integrity of the State Capitol and adjacent areas. [1967 c.419 §55; 1969 c.620 §15; 1977 c.116 §1; 1981 c.132 §2; 1993 c.500 §59; 1997 c.817 §2; 1999 c.285 §1; 2001 c.118 §2; 2007 c.175 §1]Section: Previous 276.001 276.002 276.003 276.004 276.005 276.007 276.008 276.009 276.010 276.012 276.013 276.014 276.015 276.016 276.017 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008