(1) There is established the Oregon Department of Administrative Services Operating Fund in the State Treasury, separate and distinct from the General Fund. The moneys in the Oregon Department of Administrative Services Operating Fund may be invested as provided in ORS 293.701 to 293.820. Interest earnings on the fund assets shall be credited to the fund.
(2) Amounts in the fund are continuously appropriated for and shall be used for the purposes authorized by law. It is the legislative intent that, except as otherwise provided by law, all activities using the Oregon Department of Administrative Services Operating Fund shall be self-supporting and the Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall keep the necessary records to show the status of each activity.
(3) Unless otherwise provided by law, the cost to the Oregon Department of Administrative Services of providing services, including labor, facilities and materials to any state agency, including itself, the cost of which is to be charged, in part or whole, to the agency served, may be advanced out of the Oregon Department of Administrative Services Operating Fund. The costs advanced from the fund shall be reimbursed to the fund from the charges paid to the department by the agency served.
(4) The department may estimate in advance the expenses that it will incur during the biennium for activities which operate out of the fund. Such expenses include necessary working capital and depreciation as determined by the department. The department may render to each agency an invoice for its share of such expenses for periods within the biennium. Each agency shall pay to the credit of the Oregon Department of Administrative Services Operating Fund such invoice as an administrative expense from funds or appropriations available to it in the same manner as other claims against the state are paid. If the estimated expenses for any agency are more or less than actual expenses, including working capital and depreciation requirements, for the period covered by the invoice, the difference shall be reflected in the next following estimate of expenses.
(5) Notwithstanding subsection (4) of this section, all moneys collected by the department as depreciation reserves for the properties identified in ORS 276.004 shall be deposited to the Capital Projects Fund, and are continuously appropriated for the purposes set out in ORS 276.005 (1). [1989 c.84 §5 (enacted in lieu of 283.075); 1993 c.500 §37]Section: Previous 283.020 283.030 283.040 283.050 283.060 283.070 283.075 283.076 283.080 283.085 283.087 283.089 283.091 283.092 283.100 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008