(1) The Oregon Tourism Commission shall appoint an executive director. The appointment shall be subject to the approval of the Governor. The executive director shall serve at the pleasure of the members of the commission.
(2) The commission shall set the compensation of the executive director.
(3) The executive director shall direct all administrative functions of the commission. The executive director may appoint all subordinate officers and employees of the commission and may prescribe their duties and set their compensation.
(4) Except as provided in subsection (5) of this section, the commission may delegate to the executive director any duty, function or power conferred or imposed on the commission and the executive director may delegate to any subordinate officer or employee of the commission any duty, function or power conferred, imposed on or delegated to the executive director.
(5) The commission may not delegate to the executive director the power to:
(a) Approve the comprehensive marketing plan described in ORS 284.111;
(b) Approve the biennial budget required under ORS 284.126; or
(c) Appoint and set the compensation of the executive director under ORS 284.142. [Formerly 285A.282]Section: Previous 284.126 284.130 284.131 284.134 284.135 284.138 284.140 284.142 284.145 284.146 284.150 284.155 284.160 284.165 284.170 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008