(1) Any person who makes or orders or votes to make any expenditure in violation of any of the provisions of the statutes listed in subsection (5) of this section, or who makes or authorizes or causes to be made any disbursement of funds from the State Treasury in violation of any of the provisions of the statutes listed in subsection (5) of this section, commits a violation and shall, upon conviction, be punished by a fine of not less than $500 nor more than $3,000.
(2) If any person incurs or orders or votes to incur an obligation in violation of any of the provisions of the statutes listed in subsection (5) of this section, the person and the sureties on the bond of the person shall be jointly and severally liable therefor to the person in whose favor the obligation was incurred.
(3) Upon certification by the Oregon Department of Administrative Services that any state officer or employee of a state agency has failed or refused to comply with any order, rule or regulation made by the department in accordance with any of the provisions of the statutes listed in subsection (5) of this section, the salary of the officer or employee may not be paid until the order, rule or regulation is complied with.
(4) Any violation of a provision of a statute listed in subsection (5) of this section for which no other penalty is provided in this section is a Class A violation.
(5) Subsections (1) to (4) of this section apply to ORS 279A.140, 279A.280, 279B.270, 283.020, 283.110, 283.140 to 283.160, 283.305 to 283.390, 291.001 to 291.034, 291.201 to 291.222, 291.232 to 291.260, 291.307, 292.220 and 292.230. [Amended by 1953 c.530 §2; 1955 c.260 §2; subsections (2) and (3) of 1961 Replacement Part renumbered 293.990; 1967 c.419 §14; subsection (2) of 1965 Replacement Part renumbered 283.990; 1993 c.500 §44; 1997 c.249 §89; 1999 c.1051 §172; 2003 c.794 §246; 2005 c.121 §1]
_______________Section: Previous 291.678 291.702 291.704 291.706 291.708 291.710 291.712 291.714 291.716 291.718 291.720 291.722 291.724 291.726 291.990
Last modified: August 7, 2008