(1) All moneys received by the Secretary of State under ORS 297.210, 297.230, 297.425 and 297.445 shall be immediately turned over to the State Treasurer, who shall deposit the moneys in the General Fund to the credit of an account to be known as the Division of Audits Account.
(2) The moneys received under subsection (1) of this section and deposited in the Division of Audits Account are continuously appropriated to the Secretary of State for use in payment of salaries and other expenses or costs of the Division of Audits.
(3) The moneys received under ORS 297.545 and deposited in the Division of Audits Account are continuously appropriated to the Secretary of State for use in payment of salaries and other expenses or costs incurred by the Division of Audits of the Office of the Secretary of State in connection with the carrying out of the provisions of ORS 297.020, 297.230, 297.405 to 297.740 and 297.990.
(4) The Secretary of State may use moneys in the Division of Audits Account for cash advances for travel expenses necessary in carrying out the provisions of ORS 297.020 to 297.555 and 297.990. Any moneys received in reimbursement of these cash advances shall be deposited in the Division of Audits Account.
(5) The Secretary of State shall keep a record of all moneys deposited in the Division of Audits Account. The record shall indicate by separate cumulative accounts the source from which the moneys are derived and the individual activity or program against which each withdrawal is charged. [Formerly 297.460; 1979 c.286 §10; 1995 c.144 §3; 2001 c.796 §20; 2005 c.755 §14]Section: Previous 297.500 297.505 297.515 297.520 297.525 297.527 297.530 297.535 297.545 297.555 297.610 297.620 297.622 297.624 297.626 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008