(1) Land that is exempt from ad valorem property tax under ORS 65.855, 307.140 (3) or 307.150 that ceases to be used or held exclusively for cemetery or crematory purposes shall be subject to assessment and taxation uniformly with real property of nonexempt ownerships.
(2) There shall be added to the next general property tax roll, to be collected and distributed in the same manner as other real property taxes, additional taxes equal to the total amount of taxes that otherwise would have been assessed against the land had the land not been used or held for cemetery or crematory purposes for the last 10 years (or such lesser number of years, corresponding to the years after 1981 of exemption for the land) preceding the year after 1981 in which the land was exempt from taxation.
(3) The lien for the additional taxes imposed by this section, and the interest thereon, shall attach as of the date preceding the date of sale or other transfer of the land.
(4) For each year that land is exempt from taxation under ORS 65.855, 307.140 (3) or 307.150, or both, the assessor shall enter on the assessment and tax roll, with respect to the land, the notation “(cemetery land-potential additional tax).”
(5) The amount of additional taxes determined to be due under this section may be paid to the tax collector prior to the completion of the next general property tax roll, pursuant to ORS 311.370.
(6) Additional taxes collected under this section shall be deemed to have been imposed in the year to which the additional taxes relate. [1981 c.572 §1; 1987 c.756 §4a; 1991 c.459 §43; 1997 c.541 §105]
Note: 307.155 was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 307 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.Section: Previous 307.130 307.134 307.136 307.140 307.145 307.147 307.150 307.155 307.157 307.160 307.162 307.163 307.164 307.165 307.166 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008