(1) The city shall approve or deny an application filed under ORS 307.667 within 180 days after receipt of the application. An application not acted upon within 180 days shall be deemed approved.
(2) Final action upon an application by the city shall be in the form of an ordinance or resolution that shall contain the owner’s name and address, a description of the structure that is the subject of the application that includes either the legal description of the property or the assessor’s property account number and the specific conditions upon which the approval of the application is based.
(3) On or before April 1 following approval, the city shall file with the county assessor and send to the owner at the last-known address of the owner a copy of the ordinance or resolution approving the application. The copy shall contain or be accompanied by a notice explaining the grounds for possible termination of the exemption prior to the end of the exemption period or thereafter, and the effects of termination. In addition, the city shall file with the county assessor on or before April 1 a document listing the same information otherwise required to be in an ordinance or resolution under subsection (2) of this section, as to each application deemed approved under subsection (1) of this section.
(4) If the application is denied, the city shall state in writing the reasons for denial and send notice of denial to the applicant at the last-known address of the applicant within 10 days after the denial. The notice shall inform the applicant of the right to appeal under ORS 307.687.
(5) The city, after consultation with the county assessor, shall establish an application fee in an amount sufficient to cover the cost to be incurred by the city and the assessor in administering ORS 307.651 to 307.687. The application fee shall be paid to the city at the time the application for exemption is filed. If the application is approved, the city shall pay the application fee to the county assessor for deposit in the county general fund, after first deducting that portion of the fee attributable to its own administrative costs in processing the application. If the application is denied, the city shall retain that portion of the application fee attributable to its own administrative costs and shall refund the balance to the applicant. [Formerly 458.040]Section: Previous 307.657 307.660 307.661 307.664 307.667 307.670 307.671 307.674 307.675 307.677 307.680 307.681 307.684 307.687 307.690 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008