(1) This section and ORS 308A.095 set forth the procedures by which the values for farm use are established for both:
(a) Exclusive farm use zone farmland that qualifies for special assessment under ORS 308A.062; and
(b) Nonexclusive farm use zone farmland that qualifies for special assessment under ORS 308A.068.
(2) The values for farm use of farmland shall be determined utilizing an income approach. In utilizing the income approach, the capitalization rate shall be the effective rate of interest charged in Oregon by the Federal Farm Credit Bank system at the time of closing on loans for farm properties estimated as an average over the past five reported calendar years, plus a component for the local tax rate. The Department of Revenue annually shall determine and specify the rate according to the best information available, and shall certify the rate to the county assessors.
(3) The county assessors shall develop tables for each assessment year that reflect, for each class and area, the values determined under this section and that express the values as values per acre. [Formerly 308.345]
308A.095 County board of review to advise assessor on income-approach factors. (1) Income-approach factors being utilized by a county assessor in arriving at the values for farm use of farmland under ORS 308A.092 shall be submitted by the county assessor to a county board of review. The board of review shall advise the county assessor as to whether the factors being so utilized are proper under ORS 308A.092.
(2) The county board of review shall consist of:
(a) Two members appointed by the county court sitting for the transaction of county business, board of county commissioners or other county governing body of the county.
(b) Two members appointed by the county assessor.
(c) One member appointed by the four members appointed as provided in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this subsection, who shall serve for a term of one year.
(3) Each member of the county board of review appointed under subsection (2)(a) and (b) of this section shall serve for a term ending two years after the date of the expiration of the term for which the predecessor of the member was appointed, except that a person appointed to fill a vacancy occurring prior to the expiration of the term shall be appointed for the remainder of the term.
(4) Members of the county board of review must be persons knowledgeable and experienced in farmland values.
(5) Members of the county board of review shall be reimbursed by the county for their actual and necessary expenses incurred in the performance of their functions as members. [Formerly 308.350]
308A.098 County board of property tax appeals use of assessorís data. Data utilized by a county assessor in arriving at the values for farm use of farmland under ORS 308A.092 shall be made available by the county assessor to the county board of property tax appeals in the event of any consideration of a petition involving the assessed value of farmland by the board of property tax appeals under ORS 309.100. [Formerly 308.355]Section: Previous 308A.071 308A.074 308A.077 308A.080 308A.083 308A.086 308A.089 308A.092 308A.101 308A.104 308A.107 308A.110 308A.113 308A.116 308A.119 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008