As used in ORS 308A.250 to 308A.259:
(1) “Exclusive farm use zone” has the meaning given that term in ORS 308A.053.
(2) “Forestland” means forestland that is a parcel of land of more than 10 acres that has been zoned in the comprehensive plan for exclusive farm use, forest use or farm and forest use and that is, as of the assessment date for which value for the forest homesite is being determined:
(a) Land that has as its highest and best use the growing and harvesting of trees of a marketable species;
(b) Land that has been designated as forestland under ORS 321.257 to 321.390 or 321.805 to 321.855; or
(c) Land that is assessed as small tract forestland under ORS 321.700 to 321.754.
(3) “Homesite” means land described in ORS 308A.253, including all tangible improvements to the land under and adjacent to a dwelling and other structures, if any, that are customarily provided in conjunction with the dwelling.
(4) “Nonexclusive farm use zone farmland” has the meaning given that term in ORS 308A.053.
(5) “Owner” or “owners” means:
(a) The person who holds an estate in the homesite in fee simple or for life.
(b) Any one of tenants in common or tenants by the entirety, holding an estate in the homesite in fee simple or for life.
(c) Any person of legal age, duly authorized in writing to act on behalf of any person described in paragraph (a) or (b) of this subsection in filing an application for special assessment of nonexclusive farm use zone farmland.
(d) The guardian or conservator of an owner, or the executor or administrator of an owner’s estate.
(e) The purchaser of the fee simple or life estate of an owner under a contract of sale. [1999 c.314 §29; 2003 c.454 §§96,98; 2003 c.621 §82]Section: Previous 308A.110 308A.113 308A.116 308A.119 308A.122 308A.125 308A.128 308A.250 308A.253 308A.256 308A.259 308A.300 308A.303 308A.306 308A.309 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008