Notwithstanding that land may have been disqualified from special assessment, no additional taxes may be imposed under ORS 308A.703 if, as of the date the disqualification is taken into account on the assessment and tax roll, the land is any of the following:
(1) Acquired by a governmental agency as a result of the lawful exercise of the power of eminent domain or the threat or imminence thereof.
(2) Acquired by purchase, agreement or donation under ORS 390.121 (relating to State Parks and Recreation Commission acquisitions).
(3) Acquired by a city, county, metropolitan service district created under ORS chapter 268 or park and recreation district organized under ORS chapter 266 for public recreational purposes or for the preservation of scenic or historic places.
(4) Acquired for wildlife management purposes under ORS 496.146.
(5) Public property that was leased or rented to a taxable owner as described in ORS 307.110 at the time of disqualification, and the reason for the disqualification was the termination of the lease under which the land was assessed.
(6) Land that ceases to be located within the boundaries of an exclusive farm use zone as the result of a change in the boundaries of the zone or removal of the zone following an action by the governing body of the county or city that:
(a) Was not requested or initiated by the owner of the land; or
(b) Was requested by:
(A) The State Parks and Recreation Department for public park purposes under ORS 390.121; or
(B) The State Fish and Wildlife Commission for wildlife management purposes under ORS 496.146.
(7) Forestland acquired by a federal, state or local governmental agency. In the case of an acquisition described in this subsection, a lien for additional taxes and interest may not attach on the day preceding the day of transfer of the forestland to the governmental agency. [1999 c.314 §36; 1999 c.800 §1a; 2003 c.454 §34; 2003 c.621 §87]Section: Previous 308A.459 308A.462 308A.465 308A.700 308A.703 308A.706 308A.707 308A.709 308A.712 308A.715 308A.718 308A.721 308A.724 308A.727 308A.730 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008