(1) The county governing body shall appoint:
(a) A pool of members of the county governing body or the governing body’s designees who are eligible and willing to serve as members of the county board of property tax appeals.
(b) A pool of nonoffice-holding residents of the county who are not employees of the county or of any taxing district within the county and who are eligible and willing to serve as members of the county board of property tax appeals.
(2) The number of names placed in pools shall be sufficient to meet the projected needs for board members for the term of appointment for which the pools are prepared.
(3) The pools shall contain the names, addresses and telephone numbers of the persons in the pools and shall include a brief description of the training under ORS 309.022 in which the person has or will have participated before any term as a board member begins. The pools of appointed persons shall be filed in the records of the county clerk.
(4) A newly filed pool of names shall take precedence over any previously filed pool of names. The county governing body shall designate the date when a newly filed pool of names shall become effective. After a newly prepared pool of names becomes effective, board members shall not be selected from a previously filed pool of names.
(5) The appointment of pools described in this section shall be made by the county governing body on or before October 15 of each year or at any other time upon the request of the county clerk at a regular meeting of the governing body or at a special meeting called by the chairperson of the county governing body.
(6) Appointments made under this section shall be in writing and shall designate the pool to which the member was appointed. [1995 c.226 §2; 1997 c.541 §229]Section: Previous 309.035 309.036 309.038 309.040 309.045 309.050 309.060 309.067 309.070 309.072 309.080 309.090 309.100 309.103 309.104 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008