(1) When the tax collector receives the assessorís certificate pursuant to ORS 311.115, the tax collector shall prepare and file with the county treasurer a percentage schedule of the ratio of taxes on property, as defined in ORS 310.140, and other amounts to be collected, after reductions necessary to comply with section 11b, Article XI of the Oregon Constitution, after making adjustments in accordance with ORS 311.105 (1)(c), for each governmental unit as shown in such certificate, compared to the total of each of those amounts. Such schedule shall be approved by the county accountant, if one exists in the county, or by the county clerk before filing. Except as provided in subsections (2) and (3) of this section, the distribution of collections by the tax collector shall be made on the basis of the ratios computed pursuant to this section. The ratios computed pursuant to this section for a given fiscal year shall be used for the distribution of all taxes on property or penalties that have been imposed, collected and received for that fiscal year, regardless of the actual date of receipt, except for moneys retained by a county to pay bankruptcy costs under ORS 311.484. Interest earned on moneys in the unsegregated tax collections account shall be distributed according to the ratio applicable to the year in which the moneys are distributed.
(2) If, after the ratios are computed pursuant to this section, the amount of a levy or other tax on property is changed, or a levy or other tax on property is filed with the assessor pursuant to ORS 310.060 that had not been included in the tax distribution schedule for that year, the tax collector shall revise the percentages provided in subsection (1) of this section to reflect the corrected or added levy or tax and shall adjust the amounts previously distributed and to be distributed thereafter to reflect the revision in percentages.
(3) If, in the opinion of the tax collector, it is not feasible to make the revisions described in subsection (2) of this section, the tax collector shall treat the amount of the change in levy or tax or the additional levy or tax as a separate tax collection and segregate the moneys collected for the particular district or districts in the periodic statement of tax collections given to the county treasurer pursuant to ORS 311.395.
(4) If the percentage schedule is revised, a copy shall be filed with the county treasurer after approval by the county accountant, if one exists in the county, or by the county clerk.
(5) If, after the ratios are computed under this section, a levy or tax is changed or a levy or tax is filed with the assessor pursuant to ORS 310.060, that was not included in the tax distribution schedule for that year, future distributions of interest shall be based on the revised percentages that reflect the corrected or added levy or tax. No adjustments shall be made for previously distributed interest. [1963 c.606 §3; 1965 c.492 §2; 1967 c.105 §6; 1969 c.595 §7; 1983 c.310 §18; 1985 c.162 §2; 1991 c.459 §247; 1997 c.541 §292; 2001 c.114 §28; 2003 c.190 §§10,11; 2007 c.537 §4]Section: Previous 311.361 311.365 311.370 311.373 311.375 311.385 311.388 311.390 311.391 311.392 311.395 311.405 311.410 311.412 311.413 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008