(1) The county treasurer may maintain an account designated as the refund reserve account. The refund reserve account shall consist of the funds deposited by the treasurer under subsection (2) of this section and any funds deposited under ORS 311.160, plus interest earned thereon.
(2)(a) Each year, the treasurer may deposit in the refund reserve account, from the unsegregated tax collections account, an amount equal to 100 percent of the anticipated annual refunds for the county.
(b) Any deposit into the refund reserve account from taxes collected in November shall not exceed two-thirds of the total anticipated annual refunds for the county.
(3) The moneys in the refund reserve account shall first be used to pay refunds determined to be due under ORS 311.806.
(4) If the moneys in the refund reserve account are insufficient to pay refunds at any time, refunds shall be made out of the unsegregated tax collections account. If funds are not available in either the refund reserve account or the unsegregated tax collections account, the county governing body may delay payment of the refunds until such time as sufficient funds are available.
(5) If, at the end of the fiscal year, the balance in the refund reserve account exceeds the amount necessary to pay estimated refunds, the treasurer shall distribute the excess to the unsegregated tax collections account.
(6) The Department of Revenue shall provide by rule the method to be used to calculate anticipated annual refunds for the county. [1991 c.459 §266; 1993 c.650 §3; 2005 c.94 §65]Section: Previous 311.790 311.795 311.796 311.800 311.804 311.805 311.806 311.807 311.808 311.810 311.812 311.813 311.814 311.815 311.820 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008