As used in ORS 314.605 to 314.675, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) “Business income” means income arising from transactions and activity in the regular course of the taxpayer’s trade or business and includes income from tangible and intangible property if the acquisition, the management, use or rental, and the disposition of the property constitute integral parts of the taxpayer’s regular trade or business operations.
(2) “Commercial domicile” means the principal place from which the trade or business of the taxpayer is directed or managed.
(3) “Compensation” means wages, salaries, commissions and any other form of remuneration paid to employees for personal services.
(4) “Financial organization” means any financial institution or trust company, as those terms are defined in ORS 706.008, any industrial bank, land bank, safe deposit company, private banker, cooperative bank, investment company, or any type of insurance company.
(5) “Nonbusiness income” means all income other than business income.
(6) “Public utility” means any business entity whose principal business is ownership and operation for public use of any plant, equipment, property, franchise, or license for the transmission of communications, transportation of goods or persons, or the production, storage, transmission, sale, delivery, or furnishing of electricity, water, steam, oil, oil products or gas.
(7) “Sales” means all gross receipts of the taxpayer not allocated under ORS 314.615 to 314.645.
(8) “State” means any state of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, any territory or possession of the United States, and any foreign country or political subdivision thereof. [1965 c.152 §2; 1997 c.631 §452]Section: Previous 314.505 314.515 314.518 314.520 314.525 314.605 314.606 314.610 314.615 314.620 314.625 314.630 314.635 314.640 314.642 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008