(1) Gain or loss shall not be recognized by a partner upon a distribution by a partnership to that partner, except to the extent provided in section 731 of the Internal Revenue Code.
(2) The character of gain or loss on the disposition by a distributee partner of unrealized receivables or inventory items shall be determined pursuant to section 735 of the Internal Revenue Code.
(3) The basis of property (other than money) distributed by a partnership to a partner shall be determined pursuant to sections 704(c)(1)(B)(iii) and 732 of the Internal Revenue Code, and shall be increased or decreased as provided in ORS chapter 316.
(4) If a partnership makes the election to adjust the basis of its assets under section 754 of the Internal Revenue Code, then upon a distribution of property to a partner, that election shall also be effective for Oregon income tax purposes.
(5) Payments made by a partnership in liquidation of the interest of a retiring partner or a deceased partner shall be accorded the treatment provided under section 736 of the Internal Revenue Code.
(6) Any decrease in a partnerís share of partnership liabilities or any decrease in a partnerís individual liabilities by reason of the assumption by the partnership of the partnerís individual liabilities, shall be considered to be a distribution of money to the partner by the partnership under section 752 of the Internal Revenue Code. [1989 c.625 §38; 1991 c.457 §20; 1995 c.556 §29]Section: Previous 314.695 314.705 314.710 314.712 314.714 314.716 314.718 314.720 314.722 314.723 314.724 314.726 314.727 314.730 314.732 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008