The following types of gain or income may not be deferred under ORS 316.873 to 316.884:
(1) Gain from the sale or other disposition of property received in lieu of salary, wages or other compensation for services performed by the taxpayer, to the extent of the fair market value of the property at the time of receipt by the taxpayer.
(2) Gain or income from the sale of inventory, except gain derived from the bulk sale of inventory not in the ordinary course of a trade or business.
(3) Gain from the sale of property that is not held for the production of income.
(4) Gain from investment property.
(5) Gain that is treated or characterized as ordinary income under any provision of the Internal Revenue Code. [1995 c.809 §4]Section: Previous 316.865 316.870 316.871 316.872 316.873 316.874 316.875 316.876 316.877 316.878 316.879 316.880 316.881 316.882 316.883 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008