As used in ORS 323.850 to 323.862:
(1) “Cigarette” means any product that contains nicotine, is intended to be burned or heated under ordinary conditions of use and consists of or contains:
(a) Any roll of tobacco wrapped in paper or in any substance not containing tobacco;
(b) Tobacco, in any form, that is functional in the product and that, because of its appearance, the type of tobacco used in the filler or its packaging and labeling, is likely to be offered to, or purchased by, consumers as a cigarette; or
(c) Any roll of tobacco that is wrapped in any substance containing tobacco and that, because of its appearance, the type of tobacco used in the filler or its packaging and labeling, is likely to be offered to, or purchased by, consumers as a cigarette described in paragraph (a) of this subsection.
(2) “Cigarette” includes “roll-your-own,” which is any tobacco that, because of its appearance, type, packaging or labeling, is suitable for use and likely to be offered to, or purchased by, consumers as tobacco for making cigarettes. For purposes of the definition of “cigarette,” 0.09 ounces of “roll-your-own” tobacco shall constitute one individual “cigarette.”
(3) “Cigarette distributor” means any person or business that sells or distributes cigarettes to a tobacco retailer.
(4) “Package” means a package, carton or container of any kind in which cigarettes are offered for sale, sold or otherwise distributed or intended for distribution to consumers.
(5) “Tobacco product manufacturer” has the meaning given that term in ORS 323.800.
(6) “Tobacco retailer” means any person or business that offers cigarettes for sale to members of the public. [1999 c.1077 §2]
Note: See note under 323.850.Section: Previous 323.724 323.727 323.730 323.800 323.803 323.806 323.850 323.853 323.856 323.859 323.862 323.865 323.990 323.992 323.995 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008