(1) All common and union high school district boards shall cause to have prepared an annual audit of the books and accounts of the district in the manner set forth in subsection (2) or (3) of this section. The audit statements must be filed with the administrative office for the county on or before November 1 of the year in which the audit is conducted.
(2) The district school board may contract for its audit with the administrative office for the county in which the administrative office of the school district is located. The administrative office for the county shall secure the services of accountants who shall audit the books and accounts of the districts and file with the administrative office for the county a statement setting forth the financial condition of each district. A copy of the audit report of the district shall be sent to the appropriate district board. Each district, upon receipt of billing from the administrative office for the county, shall pay its share of the audit costs.
(3) The district board may employ accountants to audit the books and accounts of the district.
(4) Accountants employed under subsection (2) or (3) of this section must be selected from the roster of authorized municipal accountants maintained by the Oregon Board of Accountancy under ORS 297.670.
(5) The audit required by this section shall include an audit of those factors that are used to compute the State School Fund distribution under ORS 327.013. [1965 c.100 §64; 1975 c.770 §7; 1997 c.821 §22; 2003 c.226 §9]Section: Previous 328.435 328.440 328.441 328.445 328.450 328.455 328.460 328.465 328.467 328.470 328.505 328.510 328.515 328.520 328.525 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008