(1) In common school districts and union high school districts, directors may be nominated from zones by resolution of the district school board or if the question of zoning is approved by the electors of the district at the regular district election as provided in this section.
(2) The district school board:
(a) May submit the question on its own resolution; or
(b) Shall submit the question when a petition is filed as provided in this section.
(3) The requirements for preparing, circulating and filing a petition under this section are subject to ORS 332.118 and shall be as provided for an initiative petition in ORS 255.135 to 255.205.
(4) If the proposal to create zones in a district includes a combination of nomination of candidates from and by zones and of nomination of candidates at large, the number of candidates to be nominated in each manner shall be specified in the petition or the order of the board.
(5) A district that has been zoned under this section may abolish zones in the same manner as they were established. [Formerly 331.095; 1993 c.45 §45; 1993 c.136 §4; 1997 c.521 §15]Section: Previous 332.115 332.118 332.120 332.122 332.124 332.125 332.126 332.128 332.130 332.132 332.134 332.135 332.136 332.138 332.140 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008