(1) Each public school offering a course in traffic safety education may charge tuition therefor and shall keep accurate records of the cost thereof in the manner required under rules adopted by the Department of Transportation under ORS 802.345. As provided in ORS 336.810, each public school shall be reimbursed $210 per pupil completing the course, including any private school pupil completing the course in a public school.
(2) If funds available to the Department of Transportation for the Student Driver Training Fund are not adequate to pay all approved claims in full, public schools shall receive a pro rata reimbursement based upon the ratio that the total amount of funds available bears to the total amount of funds required for maximum allowable reimbursement.
(3) Tuition authorized by subsection (1) of this section shall not exceed the cost to the public school of providing traffic safety education less the state reimbursement. Tuition may be reduced or waived by a public school for low income pupils.
(4) A public school may also offer a traffic safety education course to pupils in neighboring public schools that do not offer traffic safety education.
(5) Each public school offering a course in traffic safety education shall adopt written policies and procedures regarding reduced or waived tuition for low income pupils.
(6) Each public school offering a course in traffic safety education shall adopt written policies and procedures for the admission of pupils from neighboring public schools. [Formerly 343.730; 1997 c.119 §2; 1999 c.328 §9; 2005 c.699 §1; 2007 c.858 §67]Section: Previous 336.765 336.775 336.780 336.785 336.790 336.795 336.800 336.805 336.810 336.815 336.850 336.870 336.875 336.880 336.885 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008