As used in this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Applicant” means any person or group that develops and submits a written proposal for a public charter school to a sponsor.
(2) “Public charter school” means an elementary or secondary school offering a comprehensive instructional program operating under a written agreement entered into between a sponsor and an applicant and operating pursuant to this chapter.
(3) “Remote and necessary school district” means a school district that offers kindergarten through grade 12 and has:
(a) An average daily membership (ADM), as defined in ORS 327.006, in the prior fiscal year of less than 110; and
(b) A school that is located, by the nearest traveled road, more than 20 miles from the nearest school or from a city with a population of more than 5,000.
(4) “Sponsor” means:
(a) The board of the common school district or the union high school district in which the public charter school is located that has developed a written charter with an applicant to create a public charter school.
(b) The State Board of Education pursuant to ORS 338.075. [1999 c.200 §2; 2007 c.575 §2]
Note: Section 3, chapter 575, Oregon Laws 2007, provides:
Sec. 3. The amendments to ORS 338.005 and 338.035 by sections 1 and 2 of this 2007 Act apply to a public charter school that:
(1) First begins operation as a public charter school on or after the effective date of this 2007 Act [July 1, 2007]; or
(2) Renews its charter on or after the effective date of this 2007 Act. [2007 c.575 §3]Section: 338.005 338.010 338.015 338.020 338.025 338.030 338.035 338.040 338.045 338.050 338.055 338.060 338.065 338.070 338.075 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008