In order to provide special education for children with disabilities, the district school board of any school district in which there are school-age children who require special education:
(1) Shall submit an annual projected activities and cost statement to the Superintendent of Public Instruction for a program of special education for the districtís children with disabilities. The proposed district program shall include provisions for providing special education and related services and be designed to meet the unique needs of all resident children with disabilities.
(2) Shall provide special education for such children consistent with the projected activities and cost statement.
(3) May, when the board considers a contract to be economically feasible and in the interests of the learning opportunities of eligible children, contract for special education for such children with another school district if the district school boards jointly agree to provide special education.
(4) May, when the board considers a contract to be economically feasible and in the interests of the learning opportunities of eligible children, contract for special education for such children with an education service district if:
(a) The contract is consistent with the local service plan of the education service district developed pursuant to ORS 334.175 and the school districts within the education service district approve the contract by a resolution adopted in the manner provided in ORS 334.175.
(b) The school district contracts with an education service district pursuant to ORS 334.185.
(5) May contract with private agencies or organizations approved by the State Board of Education for special education.
(6) May use the services of public agencies, including community mental health and developmental disabilities programs, which provide diagnostic, evaluation and other related services for children.
(7) May contract for the provision of related services by a person in private practice if that person is registered, certified or licensed by the State of Oregon as qualified to provide a particular related service that requires registration, certification or licensing by the state. [1959 c.510 §4 (343.211 to 343.291 and 343.990(2) enacted in lieu of 343.234 to 343.304 as compiled in 1957 Replacement Part); 1963 c.403 §1; 1965 c.100 §399; 1975 c.621 §6; 1977 c.529 §1; 1981 c.393 §2; 1983 c.731 §2; 2005 c.828 §6]Section: Previous 343.200 343.210 343.211 343.212 343.216 343.218 343.220 343.221 343.222 343.223 343.224 343.225 343.227 343.230 343.231 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008