The Department of Education may utilize its appropriate personnel and facilities and any funds made available to it:
(1) To stimulate interest by school districts in the appropriate use of educational television and radio and distance learning in the public schools.
(2) To plan and produce suitable educational television and radio and distance learning programs of direct instruction and instructional enrichment for pupils in the public schools.
(3) To cooperate with officials of state-operated educational television and radio stations and providers of distance learning programs in planning and producing suitable programs of direct teaching and instructional enrichment for the public schools.
(4) To assist local school districts in planning suitable programs of educational television and radio and distance learning for the public schools, and to cooperate with officials of state-operated educational television and radio stations and providers of distance learning programs in producing such programs.
(5) To employ personnel and pay expenses for services, materials, equipment and supplies necessary for the administration of ORS 354.410 to 354.430.
(6) To contract for and pay for professional services utilized in the development and production of programs for educational television and radio and distance learning.
(7) To purchase, rent, lease or contract for use of filmed, taped or otherwise recorded educational television and radio or distance learning programs from available sources and to sell programs or to exchange them for others of a similar nature.
(8) All moneys received under subsection (7) of this section shall be deposited in the State Treasury to the credit of the Department of Education and shall be used exclusively for the purposes authorized by this section. [1961 c.535 §5; 1965 c.100 §454; 1967 c.570 §1; 1989 c.285 §3]Section: Previous 354.225 354.230 354.235 354.290 354.300 354.410 354.420 354.430 354.435 354.440 354.505 354.510 354.515 354.520 354.525 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008