As used in ORS 358.480 to 358.545, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Governing body” means the city or county legislative body having jurisdiction over the property for which a limited assessment may be applied for under ORS 358.480 to 358.545.
(2) “Historic property” means real property that:
(a) Is currently listed in the National Register of Historic Places established and maintained under the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966 (P.L. 89-665) or, if the National Register of Historic Places ceases accepting nominations, that is approved for listing on an Oregon register of historic places;
(b) Is open to the public for sight-seeing at least one day in each calendar year in accordance with rules adopted by the State Historic Preservation Officer; and
(c) Meets the minimum standards of maintenance established by rule of the State Historic Preservation Officer.
(3) “Maintenance” means action taken to mitigate wear and deterioration of a historic property without altering the historic character of the property, including action taken to protect and repair the condition of the property with the least possible impact on the historic character of the property.
(4) “Owner” includes a purchaser under a recorded instrument of sale.
(a) Means the act or process of applying measures necessary to sustain the existing form, integrity and materials of a historic property, including but not limited to the ongoing maintenance and repair of historic materials.
(b) Does not include the extensive replacement of historic materials or new construction.
(6) “Rehabilitation” means the process of repairing or altering a historic property in order to return the property to a state of utility in which an efficient contemporary use is possible, while preserving those portions and features of the property that are significant to the historic, architectural and cultural values of the property. [1975 c.514 §2; 1983 c.720 §1; 2001 c.540 §2]Section: Previous 358.415 358.420 358.425 358.430 358.435 358.440 358.475 358.480 358.482 358.485 358.487 358.490 358.495 358.499 358.502 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008