As used in ORS 36.100 to 36.238:
(1) “Arbitration” means any arbitration whether or not administered by a permanent arbitral institution.
(2) “Dean” means the Dean of the University of Oregon School of Law.
(3) “Dispute resolution program” means an entity that receives a grant under ORS 36.155 to provide dispute resolution services.
(4) “Dispute resolution services” includes but is not limited to mediation, conciliation and arbitration.
(5) “Mediation” means a process in which a mediator assists and facilitates two or more parties to a controversy in reaching a mutually acceptable resolution of the controversy and includes all contacts between a mediator and any party or agent of a party, until such time as a resolution is agreed to by the parties or the mediation process is terminated.
(6) “Mediation agreement” means an agreement arising out of a mediation, including any term or condition of the agreement.
(7) “Mediation communications” means:
(a) All communications that are made, in the course of or in connection with a mediation, to a mediator, a mediation program or a party to, or any other person present at, the mediation proceedings; and
(b) All memoranda, work products, documents and other materials, including any draft mediation agreement, that are prepared for or submitted in the course of or in connection with a mediation or by a mediator, a mediation program or a party to, or any other person present at, mediation proceedings.
(8) “Mediation program” means a program through which mediation is made available and includes the director, agents and employees of the program.
(9) “Mediator” means a third party who performs mediation. “Mediator” includes agents and employees of the mediator or mediation program and any judge conducting a case settlement conference.
(10) “Public body” has the meaning given that term in ORS 174.109.
(11) “State agency” means any state officer, board, commission, bureau, department, or division thereof, in the executive branch of state government. [1989 c.718 §3; 1997 c.670 §11; 2003 c.791 §§11,11a; 2005 c.817 §3]
(Dispute Resolution Programs)Section: Previous 36.100 36.105 36.110 36.115 36.120 36.125 36.130 36.135 36.140 36.145 36.150 36.155 36.160 36.165 36.170 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008