For the purposes of ORS 36.450 to 36.558:
(1) “Arbitral award” means any decision of the arbitral tribunal on the substance of the dispute submitted to it and includes any interim, interlocutory or partial arbitral award.
(2) “Arbitral tribunal” means a sole arbitrator or a panel of arbitrators.
(3) “Arbitration” means any arbitration whether or not administered by a permanent arbitral institution.
(4) “Arbitration agreement” means an agreement by the parties to submit to arbitration all or certain disputes which may arise between them in respect to a defined legal relationship, whether contractual or not. An arbitration agreement may be in the form of an arbitration clause in a contract or in the form of a separate agreement.
(5) “Commercial” means matters arising from all relationships of a commercial nature including, but not limited to, any of the following transactions:
(a) A transaction for the supply or exchange of goods or services.
(b) A distribution agreement.
(c) A commercial representation or agency.
(d) An exploitation agreement or concession.
(e) A joint venture or other forms of industrial or business cooperation.
(f) The carriage of goods or passengers by air, sea, rail or road.
(p) The transfer of data or technology.
(q) Intellectual or industrial property, including trademarks, patents, copyrights and software programs.
(r) Professional services.
(6) “Conciliation” means any conciliation whether or not administered by a permanent conciliation institution.
(7) “Chief Justice” means the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Oregon or designee.
(8) “Circuit court” means the circuit court in the county in this state selected as pursuant to ORS 36.464.
(9) “Court” means a body or an organ of the judicial system of a state or country.
(10) “Party” means a party to an arbitration or conciliation agreement.
(11) “Supreme Court” means the Supreme Court of Oregon. [1991 c.405 §4]Section: Previous 36.365 36.400 36.405 36.410 36.415 36.420 36.425 36.450 36.452 36.454 36.456 36.458 36.460 36.462 36.464 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008