(1) In addition to the authority for short-term borrowing granted in ORS 286A.025 (2)(d) and 286A.045, the Department of Transportation, acting through the State Treasurer, may borrow money by entering into a credit agreement, a line of credit or a revolving line of credit, or by issuing a note, a warrant, a short-term promissory note, commercial paper or another similar obligation, for the following purposes:
(a) Providing matching funds as set forth in ORS 366.564.
(b) Providing funds with which to pay when due the principal or interest of bonded indebtedness created for highway purposes, the payment of which is necessary to preserve the financial credit of the state.
(c) Meeting emergencies.
(d) Providing funds for use by the department during times when expenditures exceed revenues, whether or not the department anticipated that expenditures would exceed revenues.
(e) Providing funds for the payment of current expenses in anticipation of revenue, grants or other moneys intended for payment of the current expenses.
(f) Providing funds for interim financing of a capital asset or project to be undertaken by the department.
(g) Refunding an outstanding obligation.
(2) Short-term borrowing under this section may be in such denominations or for such sums as the department fixes and may draw interest at a negotiated rate.
(3) The total outstanding indebtedness created by the short-term borrowing under this section may not exceed $100 million in outstanding principal amount.
(4) All short-term borrowing issued pursuant to this section shall mature within three years from the date of issuance.
(5) The department shall pay for and secure short-term borrowing under this section with funds from the State Highway Fund or other funds that are legally available to the department for the purposes for which the moneys were borrowed, including moneys received by the department from the United States government. ORS 286A.035 does not apply to borrowings under this section. [Formerly 366.605; 1969 c.427 §1; 1975 c.614 §11; 1981 c.94 §32; 1981 c.311 §1; 1991 c.793 §3; 2003 c.201 §18; 2007 c.783 §165]Section: Previous 367.066 367.067 367.070 367.080 367.082 367.084 367.086 367.105 367.155 367.160 367.161 367.163 367.165 367.166 367.168 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008