As used in this chapter:
(1) “County road” means a public road under the jurisdiction of a county that has been designated as a county road under ORS 368.016.
(2) “County road official” means the roadmaster, engineer, road supervisor, public works director or other administrative officer designated by the county governing body as being responsible for administration of the road activities of the county.
(3) “Local access road” means a public road that is not a county road, state highway or federal road.
(4) “Owner” means a vendee under a recorded land sale contract or, if there is no recorded land sale contract, the holder of the record title of land if the vendee or holder has a present interest equal to or greater than a life estate.
(5) “Public road” means a road over which the public has a right of use that is a matter of public record.
(6) “Road” means the entire right of way of any public or private way that provides ingress to or egress from property by means of vehicles or other means or that provides travel between places by means of vehicles. “Road” includes, but is not limited to:
(a) Ways described as streets, highways, throughways or alleys;
(b) Road related structures that are in the right of way such as tunnels, culverts or similar structures; and
(c) Structures that provide for continuity of the right of way such as bridges. [1981 c.153 §2]Section: 368.001 368.005 368.010 368.011 368.016 368.021 368.026 368.031 368.036 368.039 368.041 368.046 368.051 368.055 368.056 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008