The City of Portland, Oregon, may:
(1) Regulate traffic upon and across the bridges and their approaches constructed by the City of Portland.
(2) Lay and maintain upon the bridges and their respective approaches constructed by the City of Portland all rails and tracks necessary, desirable or convenient for the operation of street cars thereon.
(3) Provide for the use of the bridges and their approaches constructed by the City of Portland and rails and tracks thereon by street cars propelled by electrical and other motive power, and the carrying of passengers on such street cars.
(4) Make contracts with and grant rights, privileges and franchises to any persons, firms or corporations for the use of the bridges and their approaches, and rails and tracks by cars, street cars and trains, the carrying of passengers thereon and for charging and collecting fares and tolls under such rights, privileges and franchises.
(5) Contract for, agree upon and charge and collect rents and other compensation for such use by cars, street cars and trains, and the Board of County Commissioners of Multnomah County shall have no right to establish or collect rents or other compensation for the use of the bridges by cars, street cars and trains.
(6) Exercise all other power and authority over the bridges and their approaches not expressly conferred by ORS 382.305 to 382.330 on Multnomah County.Section: Previous 382.280 382.285 382.305 382.310 382.312 382.315 382.320 382.325 382.330 382.335 382.340 382.345 382.350 382.355 382.360 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008