(1) State employees of the Oregon Military Department who are not otherwise members of the Oregon National Guard may be required as a condition of employment to obtain membership in the Oregon State Defense Force when in the judgment of the Adjutant General the membership maintains or enhances the readiness and stability of the department to provide services if the need for Oregon State Defense Force assistance should arise. The decision of the Adjutant General shall be carried out by written regulation and shall not be subject to collective bargaining.
(2) Members of the Oregon National Guard or Oregon State Defense Force who are ordered to state active duty under the provisions of ORS chapter 399 shall be considered as being in the military service of the state and shall be considered temporary employees of the military department.
(3) State employees of the military department may be ordered to state active duty under ORS chapter 399 without jeopardizing their status as regular employees. Employees so ordered must be in an authorized leave status from their regular military department employment during the period served on active duty.
(4) State employees of the military department shall be subject to ORS chapter 240 or 243 when performing as regular employees.
(5) Members of the Oregon National Guard who are serving under Title 10 or Title 32 of the United States Code are not eligible, by reason of that service, for the rights or benefits of public employees granted or authorized by ORS chapter 236, 237, 238, 238A, 240 or 243. Except as required by federal law or regulation, ORS chapters 652, 653, 654, 656, 657, 659, 659A, 661 and 663 do not apply to members of the Oregon National Guard who are serving under Title 10 or Title 32 of the United States Code. [1961 c.454 §24; 1969 c.367 §2; 1989 c.361 §4; 1995 c.571 §1; 1999 c.96 §2; 2001 c.621 §78; 2003 c.733 §78]Section: Previous 396.175 396.180 396.305 396.310 396.315 396.320 396.325 396.330 396.332 396.335 396.340 396.345 396.350 396.355 396.360 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008