(1) A military court may punish for contempt any person who uses any menacing word, sign or gesture in its presence, or who disturbs its proceedings by any riot or disorder. The punishment may not exceed confinement for 30 days or a fine of $100, or both.
(2) A military court shall have the contempt power possessed by a civilian court as provided under ORS 33.015 to 33.155.
(3) A person found in contempt under this section and ordered confined may be confined in a county jail upon written order of the military judge.
(4) A person ordered confined under this section may be delivered to the civilian authority by a military or civilian law enforcement authority.
(5) The county jail may not charge the Oregon Military Department or the state for the costs of a personís confinement under this section. [1961 c.454 §127; 2005 c.512 §24]Section: Previous 398.212 398.214 398.216 398.218 398.220 398.222 398.224 398.226 398.228 398.230 398.232 398.234 398.236 398.238 398.252 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008