Subject to the availability of funds therefor, the Department of Human Services may:
(1) Provide directly through publicly operated treatment facilities, which shall not be considered to be state institutions, or by contract with publicly or privately operated profit or nonprofit treatment facilities, for the care of alcoholics or drug-dependent persons.
(2) Sponsor and encourage research of alcoholism and drug dependence.
(3) Seek to coordinate public and private programs relating to alcoholism and drug dependence.
(4) Apply for federally granted funds available for study or prevention and treatment of alcoholism and drug dependence.
(5) Directly or by contract with public or private entities, administer financial assistance, loan and other programs to assist the development of drug and alcohol free housing. [1971 c.622 §4; 1973 c.795 §7; 1987 c.61 §2; 2007 c.14 §6]Section: Previous 430.305 430.306 430.310 430.315 430.320 430.325 430.330 430.335 430.338 430.340 430.342 430.345 430.347 430.350 430.355 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008