The Oregon Health Policy Commission shall perform the following functions:
(1) Develop a plan for and monitor the implementation of the state health policy.
(2) Act as the policy-making body for a statewide data clearinghouse established within the Department of Human Services or among other state agencies as appropriate for the acquisition, compilation, correlation and dissemination of data from health care providers, other state and local agencies including the state Medicaid program, third-party payers and other appropriate sources in furtherance of the purpose and intent of the Legislative Assembly as expressed in ORS 442.025.
(3) Review reports provided at least biennially by the Administrator of the Office for Oregon Health Policy and Research on the findings, trends and long-term implications arising from data collected pursuant to ORS 442.120 and 442.400 to 442.463 and by the statewide data clearinghouse authorized by subsection (2) of this section.
(4) Provide a forum for discussion of health policy and health care issues facing the citizens of the State of Oregon.
(5) Identify and analyze significant health policy and health care issues affecting the state and make policy recommendations to the Governor.
(6) Prepare and submit to the Governor and the Legislative Assembly resolutions relating to health policy and health care reform.
(7) Review State Medicaid Plan amendments, modifications in Medicaid operational protocols, applications for waivers to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services proposed by the Department of Human Services and administrative rules for the state’s medical assistance program and other health care programs.
(8) Act as the primary advisory committee to the Office for Oregon Health Policy and Research, the Governor and the Legislative Assembly.
(9) Perform all other functions authorized or required by state law. [1977 c.751 §4; 1981 c.693 §4; 1983 c.482 §4; 1985 c.187 §1; 1985 c.747 §5; 1987 c.660 §2; 1991 c.470 §17; 1995 c.727 §22; 1997 c.683 §18; 1999 c.581 §1; 2003 c.784 §3]Section: Previous 442.011 442.015 442.020 442.025 442.030 442.035 442.040 442.045 442.050 442.053 442.055 442.057 442.060 442.070 442.075 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008