(1) A municipality may approve the establishment of a campground inside an urban growth boundary to be used for providing transitional housing accommodations. The accommodations may consist of separate facilities, in the form of yurts, for use as living units by one or more individuals or by families. The person establishing the accommodations may provide access to water, toilet, shower, laundry, cooking, telephone or other services either through separate or shared facilities. The accommodations shall provide parking facilities and walkways.
(2) Transitional housing accommodations described under subsection (1) of this section shall be limited to persons who lack permanent shelter and cannot be placed in other low income housing. A municipality may limit the maximum amount of time that an individual or a family may use the accommodations.
(3) Campgrounds providing transitional housing accommodations described under this section may be operated by private persons or nonprofit organizations. The shared facilities of the campgrounds are subject to regulation under the recreation park specialty code described under ORS 446.310 to 446.350. The transitional housing accommodations are not subject to ORS chapter 90.
(4) To the extent deemed relevant by the Department of Consumer and Business Services, the construction and installation of yurts on campgrounds used for providing transitional housing accommodations established under this section is subject to the manufactured structures specialty code described in ORS 446.155. Transitional housing accommodations not appurtenant to a yurt are subject to regulation as provided under subsection (3) of this section.
(5) Campgrounds established for providing transitional housing accommodations shall not be allowed on more than two parcels in a municipality. In approving the use of parcels for a campground, the municipality shall give preference to locations that have access to grocery stores and public transit services.
(6) As used in this section, “yurt” means a round, domed tent of canvas or other weather resistant material, having a rigid framework, wooden floor, one or more windows or skylights and that may have plumbing, electrical service or heat. [1999 c.758 §6]Section: Previous 446.240 446.245 446.250 446.252 446.253 446.255 446.260 446.265 446.270 446.271 446.280 446.285 446.310 446.315 446.320 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008