For the purpose of carrying out the powers granted to the authority under other provisions of ORS 450.600 to 450.989 and in addition thereto, the authority may:
(1) Have and use a common seal.
(2) Sue and be sued in its name.
(3) Permit the use, by lease or otherwise, of any property of the authority by any other authority, district, city or other governmental agency.
(4) Acquire by purchase, gift, devise, condemnation proceedings or otherwise, such real and personal property and rights of way, either within or without the authority, as in the judgment of the board are necessary or proper to the exercise of its powers, and to pay for and hold the same.
(5) Make and accept contracts, deeds, releases and documents which, in the judgment of the board, are necessary or proper in the exercise of any of the powers of the authority.
(6) Employ and pay necessary agents, employees and assistants.
(7) Lay its sewers and drains in any public street, highway or road in the county, and for this purpose enter upon it and make all necessary and proper excavations, restoring it to its proper condition. However, the consent of the proper city, county or state authorities, as the case may be, shall first be obtained and the conditions of such consent complied with.
(8) Compel all residents and property owners in the authority to connect their houses and structures requiring sewage disposal with adjacent sewers within the authority.
(9) Fix sewer charges and rentals.
(10) Do any act necessary or proper to effect and carry out the purposes for which the authority was formed pursuant to ORS 450.600 to 450.989. [1955 c.614 §25; 2001 c.104 §188]Section: Previous 450.795 450.800 450.802 450.804 450.806 450.808 450.810 450.815 450.817 450.820 450.825 450.830 450.835 450.837 450.840 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008