(1) The county treasurer of the county in which the authority, or the largest area thereof, is situated shall be custodian of all sanitary authority taxes paid to the county treasurer in accordance with ORS 450.890 and such other funds that the authority may pay to the county treasurer for deposit to the credit of the authority. The county treasurer shall pay out moneys of the authority only upon written order of the board, signed by the chairperson of the board and countersigned by the manager of the authority. However, where the board has authorized the manager to approve and order the payment of claims in the amount of $500 or less, the treasurer shall pay out moneys of the authority on such orders of the manager.
(2) The order shall specify the name of the person to whom the money is to be paid, the fund from which it is to be paid and shall state generally the purpose for which payment is to be made.
(3) A copy of the order shall be filed in the records of the board. The county treasurer shall keep the order as a voucher and shall keep account of the receipts and disbursements of money for the sanitary authority.
(4) The county treasurer shall keep separate accounts and funds, where necessary, to segregate the various operations and construction projects of the authority.
(5) Notwithstanding the provisions of subsections (1) to (4) of this section, any funds of the authority other than taxes may be deposited, at the discretion of the board, in one or more banks or savings and loan associations to be designated by the board. Funds deposited in a bank or savings and loan association shall be withdrawn or paid out only upon proper order and warrant or check signed by the chairperson and countersigned by the manager. [1955 c.614 §51; 1975 c.122 §2]
(Programs for Employees)Section: Previous 450.910 450.915 450.920 450.925 450.930 450.935 450.940 450.945 450.947 450.949 450.950 450.955 450.960 450.963 450.965 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008