(1) If any person is required by an authority to pay the cost of extending a sewer main adjacent to another personís property so that sewer service for domestic use is provided for that other property without further extension of the sewer main, the authority may require the owner of the other property to refund to the authority for disbursement to the person required to pay the cost of extending the sewer main, a portion of the cost of the extension.
(2) The board may adopt an ordinance specifying the method of apportioning the construction costs to the property served and establishing a procedure for application for and payment of a refund.
(3) The right to require a refund under this section shall not continue for more than 10 years after the date of installation of the sewer main.
(4) The amount to be refunded shall be determined by the authority and such determination shall be final.
(5) The authority may refuse to provide sewer service until a refund is paid. [1983 c.435 §2]Section: Previous 450.960 450.963 450.965 450.967 450.970 450.971 450.973 450.975 450.977 450.980 450.985 450.987 450.988 450.989 450.990 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008