As used in ORS 453.307 to 453.414:
(1) “Community right to know regulatory program” or “local program” means any law, rule, ordinance, regulation or charter amendment established, enforced or enacted by a local government that requires an employer to collect or report information relating to the use, storage, release, possession or composition of hazardous substances and toxic substances if a primary intent of the law, rule, ordinance, regulation or charter amendment is the public distribution of the information.
(2) “Emergency service personnel” includes those entities providing emergency services as defined in ORS 401.025.
(3) “Employer” means:
(a) Any person operating a facility that is included in one or more of the 21 standard industrial classification categories in Appendix B of the Natural Resources Defense Council v. Train Consent Decree of June 8, 1976 (8 E.R.C. 2120); or
(b) Any person operating a facility designated by the State Fire Marshal.
(4) “Fire district” means any agency having responsibility for providing fire protection services.
(5) “Hazardous substance” means:
(a) Any substance designated as hazardous by the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services or by the State Fire Marshal;
(b) Any substance for which a material safety data sheet is required by the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services under ORS 654.035 and which appears on the list of Threshold Limit Values for Chemical Substances and Physical Agents in the Work Environment by the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists; or
(c) Radioactive waste and material as defined in ORS 469.300 and radioactive substance as defined in ORS 453.005.
(6) “Health professional” means a physician as defined in ORS 677.010, registered nurse, industrial hygienist, toxicologist, epidemiologist or emergency medical technician.
(7) “Law enforcement agency” has the meaning given that term in ORS 181.010.
(8) “Local government” means a city, town, county, regional authority or other political subdivision of this state.
(9) “Person” includes individuals, corporations, associations, firms, partnerships, joint stock companies, public and municipal corporations, political subdivisions, the state and any agency thereof, and the federal government and any agency thereof.
(10) “Trade secret” has the meaning given that term in ORS 192.501 (2). [1985 c.726 §1; 1987 c.259 §5; 1991 c.956 §14; 1993 c.187 §25; 1999 c.1089 §5; 2005 c.825 §17]Section: Previous 453.235 453.240 453.245 453.255 453.265 453.275 453.305 453.307 453.310 453.312 453.315 453.317 453.320 453.322 453.325 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008