(1) The bonds issued under ORS 454.115 shall be payable from that portion of the earnings of the disposal system of the municipality which is pledged to their payment, and they shall have a lien of such priority on the earnings as is specified in the proceedings providing for their issuance.
(2) The governing body may provide that the bonds, or such ones thereof as may be specified, shall, to the extent and in the manner prescribed, be subordinated and be junior in standing, with respect to their payment of principal, interest and security, to such other bonds of the municipality as are designated.
(3) The bonds shall bear such date, may be issued in such amounts, may be in such denominations, may mature in such amounts and at such time, shall be payable at such place, may be redeemable, either with or without premium, or nonredeemable, may carry such registration privileges, and may be executed by such officers and in such manner as is prescribed by the governing body.
(4) In case any of the officers whose signatures appear on the bonds or coupons cease to be officers before delivery of the bonds, the signatures, whether manual or facsimile shall, nevertheless, be valid and sufficient for all purposes, the same as if such officers had remained in office until delivery.
(5) The bonds so issued shall bear interest at a rate to be fixed by the governing body payable at times to be fixed by the governing body.
(6) The bonds shall be sold at public sale. However, they may be sold at private sale to the United States or to the State of Oregon or any of their agencies or instrumentalities. [Formerly 449.420; 1981 c.94 §41]Section: Previous 454.030 454.040 454.050 454.060 454.105 454.115 454.125 454.135 454.145 454.155 454.165 454.175 454.205 454.215 454.225 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008