As used in ORS 454.275 to 454.380:
(1) “Affected area” means an area subject to an order of the commission issued under ORS 454.305.
(2) “Commission” means the Environmental Quality Commission.
(3) “Governing body” means a board of commissioners, county court or other managing board of a municipality.
(4) “Municipality” means a city, county, county service district, sanitary district, metropolitan service district or other special district authorized to treat or dispose of sewage in any county with a population exceeding 400,000 according to the latest federal decennial census.
(5) “Subsurface sewage disposal system” has the meaning given that term in ORS 454.605.
(6) “Threat to drinking water” means the existence in any area of any three of the following conditions:
(a) More than 50 percent of the affected area consists of rapidly draining soils;
(b) The ground water underlying the affected area is used or can be used for drinking water;
(c) More than 50 percent of the sewage in the affected area is discharged into cesspools, septic tanks or seepage pits and the sewage contains biological, chemical, physical or radiological agents that can make water unfit for human consumption; or
(d) Analysis of samples of ground water from wells producing water that may be used for human consumption in the affected area contains levels of one or more biological, chemical, physical or radiological contaminants which, if allowed to increase at historical rates, would produce a risk to human health as determined by the local health officer. Such contaminant levels must be in excess of 50 percent of the maximum allowable limits set in accordance with the Federal Safe Drinking Water Act.
(7) “Treatment works” has the meaning given that term in ORS 454.010. [1981 c.358 §1; 1983 c.235 §7; 1987 c.627 §8]Section: Previous 454.175 454.205 454.215 454.225 454.235 454.245 454.255 454.275 454.280 454.285 454.290 454.295 454.300 454.305 454.310 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008