(1) Each municipality providing sewage collection, treatment and disposal services within an affected area shall, after consultation with elected officials of the affected area, establish a citizens sewer advisory committee composed of persons directly affected by the order issued under ORS 454.305. The committee shall advise the Environmental Quality Commission and the governing body of the municipality on matters relating to the implementation of the commissionís order.
(2) The members of each citizens sewer advisory committee shall represent a cross section of businesses, homeowners and renters in the affected area and others affected by the order. At least two-thirds of the members shall reside or do business within the affected area. At least one-third of the members shall be persons eligible for financial relief under the safety net plan provided for in ORS 454.365 or persons who are members of or represent organizations that serve or represent individuals with low incomes or who are otherwise eligible for financial relief under the safety net plan.
(3) The citizens sewer advisory committee shall provide the commission and the governing body of the municipality with a copy of its minutes and recommendations. The municipality shall respond to any recommendation made by the advisory committee.
(4) Members of the citizens sewer advisory committees shall serve without compensation.
(5) The citizens sewer advisory committees within the affected area may meet jointly as necessary to carry out their responsibilities. [1987 c.627 §4; 1991 c.174 §1]Section: Previous 454.335 454.340 454.345 454.350 454.355 454.360 454.365 454.370 454.375 454.380 454.405 454.415 454.425 454.430 454.433 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008