As used in ORS 454.505 to 454.535, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Construction” means the erection, building, acquisition, alteration, reconstruction, improvement or extension of sewage treatment works, preliminary planning to determine the economic and engineering feasibility of sewage treatment works, the engineering, architectural, legal, fiscal and economic investigations, reports and studies, surveys, designs, plans, working drawings, specifications, procedures, and other action necessary in the construction of sewage treatment works, and the inspection and supervision of the construction of sewage treatment works.
(2) “Eligible project” means a project for construction of sewage treatment works:
(a) For which the approval of the Department of Environmental Quality is required under ORS 448.305, 454.010 to 454.040, 454.205 to 454.255, 454.505 to 454.535, 454.605 to 454.755 and ORS chapters 468, 468A and 468B;
(b) Which is, in the judgment of the Environmental Quality Commission eligible for federal pollution abatement assistance, whether or not federal funds are then available therefor;
(c) Which conforms with applicable rules of the commission; and
(d) Which is, in the judgment of the commission, necessary for the accomplishment of the state’s policy of water purity as stated in ORS 468B.015.
(3) “Federal pollution abatement assistance” means funds available to a municipality, either directly or through allocation by the state, from the federal government as grants for construction of sewage treatment works pursuant to the Federal Water Pollution Control Act of 1956 (P.L. 84-660) as amended, or pursuant to any other federal act or program.
(4) “Municipality” means any county, city, special service district or other governmental entity having authority to dispose of sewage, industrial wastes or other wastes, any Indian tribe or authorized Indian tribal organization, or any combination of two or more of the foregoing acting jointly, in connection with an eligible project.
(5) “Sewage treatment works” means any facility for the purpose of treating, neutralizing or stabilizing sewage or industrial wastes of a liquid nature, including treatment or disposal plants, the necessary intercepting, outfall and outlet sewers, pumping stations integral to such plants or sewers, equipment and furnishings thereof and their appurtenances. [Formerly 449.455; 1983 c.740 §176]Section: Previous 454.425 454.430 454.433 454.436 454.439 454.442 454.445 454.505 454.515 454.525 454.535 454.605 454.607 454.610 454.615 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008