(1) Notwithstanding any provision of this chapter or ORS chapter 460, 479, 480 or 693, the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services may establish by rule alternative regulatory options for emerging technologies without the approval of advisory boards. Before adopting rules under this section, the director shall consult with the chairperson of an advisory board that will be affected by the alternative regulatory option. Rules adopted by the director may include definitions of the types of products that qualify as emerging technologies and may approve the use of specific emerging technologies.
(2) The director shall consider national and international standards applicable to emerging technologies in adopting rules under this section.
(3) Rules adopted by the director under this section must be limited to a specific site unless statewide application is approved by an advisory board that will be affected by the alternative regulatory option.
(4) Rules adopted by the director under this section may not adversely affect the scope of practice under any license issued by the Department of Consumer and Business Services.
(5) As used in this section, “emerging technology” means a product that is of a unique type or that has a unique scope of application and that would provide a benefit to Oregon’s economy if developed, used or produced by Oregon businesses. [2005 c.186 §2]Section: Previous 455.042 455.044 455.046 455.048 455.050 455.055 455.060 455.065 455.068 455.070 455.080 455.085 455.090 455.095 455.097 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008