(1) The Building Codes Structures Board, the Electrical and Elevator Board, the Residential Structures Board and the Mechanical Board shall each be organized and governed as described in this section.
(2)(a) The term of office of each member is four years and no member shall be eligible for appointment to more than two full terms of office. The Governor shall appoint the members of each board and the board members shall serve at the pleasure of the Governor.
(b) Before the expiration of the term of a member, the Governor shall appoint a successor whose term begins on July 1 next following. A member is eligible for reappointment. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(3) A member of each board is entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495.
(4) A board shall select one of its members as chairperson and another as vice chairperson, for such terms and with duties and powers necessary for the performance of the functions of such office as the board determines.
(5) A majority of the members of a board constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business.
(6) Each board shall meet once every three months at a place, day and hour determined by the board. A board shall also meet at other times and places specified by the call of the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services.
(7) In accordance with applicable provisions of ORS chapter 183, the director may adopt rules necessary for the administration of the laws that the Department of Consumer and Business Services is charged with administering.
(8) The Governor may remove a board member for good cause. “Good cause” for removal of a member includes, but is not limited to, three unexcused absences during any 12-month period from a regularly scheduled board meeting.
(9) The appointment of a member of a board is subject to confirmation by the Senate pursuant to section 4, Article III of the Oregon Constitution. [1993 c.744 §83; 2003 c.675 §§20,21]
Note: See note under 455.132.
(Municipal Regulation)Section: Previous 455.127 455.129 455.130 455.132 455.135 455.138 455.140 455.144 455.148 455.150 455.152 455.153 455.154 455.155 455.156 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008